- Do I have to purchase a new home right away?
- Do I know the area well enough to purchase a home in my ideal neighborhood?
- Have I consulted a real estate expert, one who really knows the schools and the neighborhoods?
- Have I determined the difference in the cost of living?
- Am I prepared to move all my furniture?
- Am I ready to start paying a mortgage and taxes on a new home?
If the answer to many of these questions is “no,” consider a short-term, furnished rental. Although they tend to be more expensive than unfurnished apartments, move-in ready, fully-furnished rentals with flexible lease terms are ideal for those who are waiting to purchase a home. Furthermore, if the new job or location does not work out, you are not stuck with a mortgage or breaking a lease and losing your deposit.